30 Oct We’ve got your ears covered, and more!
An Audiologist is a professional who specializes in evaluating and treating people with hearing loss, they have extensive training and skills to evaluate the hearing of adults, infants and children of all ages. At Hearing Institute Atlantic, our audiologists and hearing health care professionals are responsible for your amplification needs, communication needs, advice, counseling and support. We are primarily an adult facility, providing testing, recommendations, devices and support to those with communication issues.
Services we provide at Hearing Institute Atlantic:
- hearing tests; pure tone and speech recognition testing
- tinnitus evaluations; device recommendation and counseling support
- recommendations for specialized testing including; auditory brain stem response, vertigo, central processing disorders, ENT’s, balance and dizziness disorders
- wax removal
- custom noise protection
- hearing device recommendation, fitting and programming
- communication counseling for individuals and families
- repairs and maintenance to hearing devices
- assistive listening devices (TV and Telephone)
- occupational hearing tests
- DVA and WCB written reports and evaluations
In addition to these services, Hearing Institute Atlantic also goes on-the-road and visits the residents at Melville Heights, Northwood, Ivany Place and the Veterans Memorial Building to provide hearing health care services.
We advocate having a hearing check-up by age 40 and following the advice of your hearing health care professional with regular follow-ups to monitor changes to your hearing levels. Studies show that early intervention is a precursor for success, so treat hearing loss when it happens, as soon as it starts to deteriorate, to ensure you stay connected to those you love.
Dr. Patricia Cameron, Audiologist – ” I am passionate about Hearing Health Care, ensuring my patients continue to activley participate in their lives, stay engaged socially with loved ones and ultimately maintain a quality of life that is positive and healthy.”
Your audiologist is the best professional to help navigate the world of better hearing, if you have questions, we are here to help.