17 May Consider including your ears in your annual Spring cleaning!
As you finish up (or start!) your annual spring cleaning chores, consider taking care of your ears at the same time! Spring cleaning is the time to start with a clean slate; if you have a hearing aid, its a good time to call your hearing clinic and schedule a cleaning check-up.
During the month of May, to encourage our communities to take our annual hearing check challenge, we offer free hearing tests! There is no better time to come in for a checkup.
If you have a hearing aid, make sure it gets a good cleaning for Spring either by calling your audiologist, or doing it yourself:
1) Change the waxguard (certain models only)
2) Change the domes (certain models only)
3) Have your audiologist change the tubes (certain models only)
4) Check your stay-dri jar; is the decissant brick the appropriate color?
5) Set up an appointment for a hearing aid performance check if you have not had one in the last six months.