17 Jul Movie Days: Alfresco Film Festival
Posted at 09:00h in Articles 0 Comments
Every summer, the Atlantic Film Festival presents a weekly alfresco movie watching experience. Haligonians of all ages gather on the Halifax waterfront to take in a classic movie, equipped with snacks, camping chairs, blankets, and lots of joy.
For those with a hearing impairment, watching a movie outdoors can present a possible listening disaster. Not only are there hundreds of people, it is in a very wide open space (outdoors!) that can lead to a lot of sound bouncing around off the various surrounding buildings. Use the tips below to ensure the best listening situation you can at the summer film festival:
- Position yourself close to the speakers. Sit in front of the speakers, and not behind the speakers.
- If attending an event arrive early so you can pick your seat – sit close to the speakers, and not necessarily the front.
- Make sure you have a good view of the screen so you can see the actors’ faces.
- Pick a seat away from any other background noise – if possible.
- If you wear a hearing aid bring your remote as you may wish to adjust your hearing aids.
Visit the AFF Outdoor Film Experience for the Summer 2015 Schedule!