04 Apr Advice on Hearing Loss
Lets focus on communicating rather than hearing!
Some good advice from a hearing health advocate, Gael Hannan “My goal should not be to hear again or hear better but to communicate to the best of my ability in all areas of my life”.
- Be honest about your hearing loss
- Be knowledgable about your hearing loss
- Consult a hearing health care professional
- Be assertive about your hearing loss
- Be an advocate for your self.
Hannan, G. (2012). How I learned to love my audiologist. Canadian Hearing Report; 7(6):27-28.